Shop Mobile More Submit  Join Login
The Old Log Church (back of building) by GlassHouse-1 The Old Log Church (back of building) by GlassHouse-1
Owned by Schellsburg and Chestnut Ridge Cemetery Association 

The Old Log Church was the first church built by the early settlers of the area. It was built on land donated by John Schell, the founder of the village of Schellsburg. John Schell arrived in this area about 1798-1799 from Montgomery County, after purchasing a large tract of land from John Anderson. John Schell was a very generous man, donating land for the first church and later for schools in the small community.  Schellsburg, Pennsylvania


Add a Comment:
 
:icondavincipoppalag:
davincipoppalag Featured By Owner Dec 19, 2016  Hobbyist General Artist
Nice.. indeed
Reply
:iconglasshouse-1:
GlassHouse-1 Featured By Owner Dec 20, 2016
Thanks.
Reply
:icondavincipoppalag:
davincipoppalag Featured By Owner Dec 20, 2016  Hobbyist General Artist
welcome
Reply
:iconjennystokes:
jennystokes Featured By Owner Dec 19, 2016  Professional General Artist
Interesting......thanks for this Jeanie.
Reply
:iconglasshouse-1:
GlassHouse-1 Featured By Owner Dec 20, 2016
Welcome Jenny.
Reply
Add a Comment:
 
×
  • Art Print
  • Canvas
  • Photo



Details

Submitted on
December 18, 2016
Image Size
6.9 MB
Resolution
3465×2308
Link
Thumb
Embed

Stats

Views
63
Favourites
9 (who?)
Comments
5
×